Redtenbacher's Funkestra - 'The Cooker'
'The Cooker' offers Stefan Redtenbacher's own take on the classic Jazz Funk genre, all masterfully propelled forward by the Funkestra core ensemble fortified with two muscular horn sections, one from the UK and one from the US.
£8.00 — £9.00
‘The Cooker’ offers Stefan Redtenbacher’s own take on the classic Jazz Funk genre, all masterfully propelled forward by the Funkestra core ensemble fortified with two muscular horn sections, one from the UK and one from the US.
Their burning grooves are mixed in with catchy themes and spiced up with fiery solos, creating a well funky stew.
Special guests include Lenny Pickett (Tower of Power, Saturday Night Live), Eric Krasno (Soulive) and Michael B. Nelson’s Hornheads (Prince).
Released 16 April 2013
- Stefan Redtenbacher (bass, bandleader)
- Mike Sturgis (drums)
- Eran Kendler (guitar)
- Sid Gauld (trumpet)
- Jim Hunt (tenor saxophone)
- Rob Taggart (Fender Rhodes)
- Dave Limina (Hammond B3 organ)
- Eric Krasno (guitar)
- Lenny Pickett (tenor saxophone)
- Michael B. Nelson (trombone)
- Steve Strand (trumpet)
- Dave Jensen (trumpet)
- Kenni Holmen (tenor, piccolo and flute)
- Kathy Jensen (alto and bari saxophone)
- Tom Rees-Roberts (trumpet)
- Trevor Mires (trombone)
- Paul Booth (tenor saxophone)
- Phil Todd (baritone saxophone)
- Alex Reffgen (tubax)
- Christoph Wundrak (flugelhorn)
- Oli Savill (percussion)
- Fergus Gerrand (percussion)
- Gabriel Nuzzoli (percussion)
- Pete Whitfield (section leader, violin and viola)
- Julian Cole (violin)
- Paulette Bayley (violin)
- Sarah Brandwood-Spencer (violin and viola)
- Nick Trygstad (cello)
- Simon Turner (cello)
Written and produced by Stefan Redtenbacher
(except ‘Crankmaster General’, written by Sid Gauld and Stefan Redtenbacher, ‘Unsquare Blues, written by Christoph Wundrak, ‘The Whip’ by Mike Sturgis, Eran Kendler and Stefan Redtenbacher’)
There are two different options for buying the album via this website.
- A Physical CD. Shipping is free but bear in mind I’m a busy bassist, so it may take a few days to reach you!
- An MP3 which is encoded at the highest rate (320 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit) to produce small but very good quality files which are almost universally playable. If you choose this option after checkout you’ll be sent a link and have 3 attempts to download the product. The link expires after 3 days and only works if clicked from the same IP address (same computer) you used to buy the product. Please Note that if you purchase the digital version, we’ll send a download link very quickly, usually within a few minutes so if it’s not arrived within the hour, please check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder.