Redtenbacher's Funkestra - 'The Time Thief'
“While some funk bands labour under their influences, Redtenbacher’s Funkestra have used some deeply embedded ingredients to produce an album that’s dripping with slinky riffs and smooth new grooves.” (Nick Wells, editor iBass Magazine, UK)
£9.00 — £10.00
- Funkie Moon
- Universality (Feat. Chris Hunter)
- Lil’ John Wayne
- 2048 (Feat. Andy Snitzer) 04:58
- Mr Goyle (Feat. Rick Margitza)
- Walkin’ Struttin’ Strollin’ (Feat. Alfred ‘Pee Wee’ Ellis)
- The Time Thief
- Precious Time (The Lament)
- Precious Time (Feat. Michael B Nelson)
- Buttnaked in Moldova
- Walkin’ Struttin’ Strollin’ (Extended version)
- Guilty (Guitar edit)
- Walkin’ Struttin’ Strollin’ (Beat Fatique re-edit)
“Stefan Redtenbacher remains the consummate bass master, not forgetting his sizeable talents as a writer, producer and arranger. While his technique and taste are impeccable, it’s his mighty groove capabilities and strengths as a bandleader that really shine on the Funkestra’s latest album. In fact, it’s these latter qualities that make The Time Thief a real joy to listen to, marking it out as a real ‘band’ record and not just a vehicle for some OTT bass chops.
Having ploughed themselves a deep funk furrow on 2015’s Dr Hypenstein, the group have matured into a superslick funk machine that run riot with a whole world of syncopated grooves. Be it the vintage horn-honking strut of opener ‘Guilty’ or the electro head charge of ‘Funkie Moon’ – this is fantastic wall-to-wall funk. Bottling some of their slamming live energy, The Time Thief bounces along with hip-shaking ease without losing sight of a good tune or a powerful groove.
While some funk bands labour under their influences, Redtenbacher’s Funkestra have used some deeply embedded ingredients to produce an album that’s dripping with slinky riffs and smooth new grooves.”
(Nick Wells, editor iBass Magazine, UK)
There are two different options for buying the album via this website.
- A Physical CD. Shipping is free but bear in mind I’m a busy bassist, so it may take a few days to reach you!
- An MP3 which is encoded at the highest rate (320 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit) to produce small but very good quality files which are almost universally playable. If you choose this option after checkout you’ll be sent a link and have 3 attempts to download the product. The link expires after 3 days and only works if clicked from the same IP address (same computer) you used to buy the product. Please Note that if you purchase the digital version, we’ll send a download link very quickly, usually within a few minutes so if it’s not arrived within the hour, please check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder.