Redtenbacher's Funkestra – ‘Falling From Insanity’
Groove-jazz album full of horns, infectious grooves & colourful sounds, effortlessly combining the best of old and nu skool funk.
£8.00 — £9.00
‘Falling From Insanity’ is a groove-jazz album packed with horns, infectious grooves and colourful sounds, combining the old and nu’ skool effortlessly.
This is the second album of Stefan Redtenbacher (Berklee College of Music alumni, graduate of the Vienna Music Conservatory) following RB Funkestra’s ‘Boozing Wizards – Searching for the Stone of Funk’.
The red line that runs through the album is the energy of bandleader and bassist Stefan Redtenbacher who has written the album traditionally, using paper and pen, as well as all the tools that new digital technology has to offer. The album was recorded predominantly in London and New York with great help from Thomas Foyer – producer.
Nearly 30 vibrant and talented musicians have contributed to the making of the album, featuring, amongst others:
- Legendary MD and Funk trombonist Fred Wesley
- Steely Dan guitarist Elliott Randall
- Drummer and percussionist Jef van Veen (Outkast)
- Pianist Steve Hamilton (Bill Bruford, Marco Mineman)
- The horn section from Incognito and the Brand New Heavies
- Israeli sax virtuoso Gilad Atzmon
- Trombonist Nichol Thomson (Mike Brecker, Kenny Wheeler)
- Dave Limina – Boston’s Hammond organ guru who also played organ on Stefan’s first album.
Richard Niles has written some pretty cool liner notes in his role as BBC Radio 2 DJ, and star bassists Will Lee, Chuck Rainey, Mark Egan, Michael Manring and Berklee’s chair of the bass department Richard Appleman have given the album a big thumbs up and all have contributed great quotes for the booklet.
There are two different options for buying the album via this website.
- A Physical CD. Shipping is free but bear in mind I’m a busy bassist, so it may take a few days to reach you!
- An MP3 which is encoded at the highest rate (320 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit) to produce small but very good quality files which are almost universally playable. If you choose this option after checkout you’ll be sent a link and have 3 attempts to download the product. The link expires after 3 days and only works if clicked from the same IP address (same computer) you used to buy the product. Please Note that if you purchase the digital version, we’ll send a download link very quickly, usually within a few minutes so if it’s not arrived within the hour, please check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder.